AIMS OF CURRICULUM:
- To provide pupils with the skills and knowledge for future employment
- To equip pupils with the understanding of money management including tax, pension and national insurance contributions
- To make pupils aware of some of the factors that can impact on employment such as health and lifestyle choices
- To give pupils confidence in creating a CV, applying for jobs and preparing for interviews.
PURPOSE OF STUDY:
- It is expected that all pupils leaving us will continue into further education, training or employment. This course will help pupils to do this.
- To make pupils aware of the impact of lifestyle choices and some of the agencies available to support them in moving in to adult life.
- To give pupils an understanding of workplace basics such as Health and Safety and First Aid.
- To equip pupils with an up to date CV and interview techniques as they prepare for employment.
- Personal Awareness
- Healthy Lifestyles for work-life balance
- Relationships and the differences between people
- The changing world of work
- Applying for jobs and courses
- Economic and financial aspects of life
- Employment Opportunities
- Enterprise activities
- Hazard identification at home, on the roads and at work
KS3 WHAT DO THEY STUDY?
This course is not available at Key Stage 3
KS4 WHAT DO THEY STUDY?
In addition to studying the course content as outlined in the Curriculum Outline, pupils will:
- Learn how to put together a CV and create one that can be used when applying for courses and employment
- Study letter writing skills and write a letter of application
- Practice preparing for interview and undertake a mock interview.
Level 1 / Level 2 qualification in Preparation for Working Life