EHCP, SEN and additional learning needs

Knowsley Authority has a number of special schools and support units.

Pupils are placed here by the Special Educational Needs (SEN) department within the Authority. In most cases the school’s admission policy allows for the admission only of child with a Statement of Special Educational Need/EHCP, or those undergoing a statutory assessment.

Pupils at our schools have complex and/or significant special educational needs, and a Statement of Special Educational Needs/EHCP.

Transfer to Finch Woods Academy is the result of a statement being issued, or a statement being amended following discussions at an Annual Review meeting.

Parents can seek help/guidance from the Parent Partnership Service who offer impartial advice and support to parents and carers of children with special educational needs.

Pupil with a Statement of Special Educational Needs / EHCP

Where a pupil has a Statement of Special Educational Needs/EHCP and the Authority have named this school as provision, the child must be admitted. Where such pupils are known about at the time of the annual allocation procedures for community and voluntary aided schools, they will be placed within the admission number, with priority over all others